If you’re interested in calligraphy, then the Pilot Parallel pens are a great choice. The Pilot Parallel pen has two parallel surfaces on the nib point, which allows it to produce lines that are more attractive and crisp than those created by traditional calligraphy pens.
The pen utilizes uniquely developed ink that may be combined with other colors and can only be used with other Parallel pens. Moving ink between one pen nib and another allows you to produce blended color lines and makes it possible to create appealing colors that gradually fade from one to the next. The package includes a pipette, a nib cleaner, a pen pipette, an instruction pamphlet, and red and black ink cartridges for the pen. They also come in six sizes.
Simply separating the feed of the pen grip is all that is required to disassemble the pen. There is a stamp indicating the size of the nib on one of the sides of the plastic portion. The nib is composed of two sections of flat metal held together. Because of this, cleaning and maintenance are simplified.
The horizontal side of the nib has excellent grooves carved into it at various intervals. As a result, the ink can flow uniformly and cover all areas along the edge. Using the thinner side of the pen, you can also make a stroke that is 0.5 millimeters wide.
The Best Pilot Parallel Pens
If you’re looking for the best Pilot Parallel pens, then keep reading. Here are our reviews and recommendations to help you pick the best pens for you.
This innovative writing instrument from Pilot has a nib design that consists of two parallel plates and enables writers to produce precise, monoline writing using the narrow edge and calligraphic, emotive writing using the broad edge.
It comes in nib sizes of 6.0mm, 38mm, 2.4mm and 1.5mm, and may be refilled with a large selection of different ink colors. To make ombre patterns using two Parallel pens, just blend the colors of the ink by touching the pen nibs together.
You won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to experiment with Pilot’s comprehensive array of hand lettering and calligraphy pens, fountain pens, brush markers, and more if you love bullet journaling and hand lettering.
Pen manufacturing has been their business for over a century. The Pilot provides a pen suitable for you, whether you’re scribbling in a bullet notebook, taking notes, or stocking up on materials for the classroom or the office.
The writing instruments produced by Pilot are of the highest quality and may be customized to meet any requirements. Every type of writing instrument, from fountain pens to ballpoint pens to retractable, erasable, and gel ink pens, as well as whiteboard markers, can be found here.
What We Like
- The actual size and cap color imprinted on the cap’s peak makes it simple to distinguish between the different sizes.
- They can be utilized with a cartridge and as a dip pen, and switching colors is as easy as taking out the nib and swishing it around in water.
- The ability to write for several hours without re-inking your pen is unmatched.
What We Don’t Like
- The only colors available for the inks included in some sets are black and red.
Load multiple pens with compatible, different-colored cartridges. If you can’t choose a single ink color, combine two Parallel Pen nibs to produce mixable inks with fantastic color effects. Start writing with your first pen and enjoy blending by touching one pen to another for a couple of seconds.
2. PILOT Parallel 4 Nib Calligraphy Pen Set, 1.5mm, 2.4mm, 3.8mm & 6.0mm Nibs, Includes 4 Black & 4 Red Ink Cartridges
These pens, which have a nib made up of dual parallel plates, represent a revolution in the creation of calligraphy pens. They enable the writer to make sharper lines than those produced by traditional calligraphy pens. It is possible to generate calibrated color lines and blended colors by switching the ink cartridges housed within the enclosure.
These calligraphy pens have a cartridge that you can refill. This package includes four pens, each with a different sized nib, which is 1.5, 2.4, 3.8 and 6.0mm. Each pen has two ink cartridges – one black and one red – in the package. You can purchase additional ink cartridges for the Parallel pen separately.
Writing has always been a chore for a lot of people. Still, Pilot’s innovative spirit has always focused on finding methods to solve consumers’ problems with writing and make writing more enjoyable. In this age of digital technology, when we have acquired speed but lost connection, Pilot enables you to easily express yourself and interact with others via the written word.
The Pilot Parallel pen is an excellent writing instrument that you can use for regular and more formal events. They are created with the same superior craftsmanship and unrivaled performance as other best-selling brands such as Frixion, and the variety of Pilot’s products will fulfill all of your demands in terms of writing.
You can get them in alternatives like gel ink, erasable, rolling ball, recycled, ballpoint, fountain pen, permanent marker, paint marker, highlighter, or mechanical pencil. Each line of pens prioritizes comfort and dependability above all else.
What We Like
- They are simple to employ.
- Maintaining steady pressure provides gorgeous dark, straight lines.
- They are pretty reasonably priced.
- The replacements can be obtained quite conveniently and at a low cost.
What We Don’t Like
- Some nibs leave a bit of a rough texture on the paper.
- Attempting to switch out the cartridge can be difficult.
The high-quality, long-lasting Pilot Parallel pens are easy to write with, and the lines they produce are clean and impervious to smudging. No matter how quickly you write or if you write with your left hand, Pilot has the ideal pen for you.
3. Pilot Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set with Black and Assorted Colors Ink Refills, 6.0mm nib
This pen set includes a 6.0mm Parallel pen with a green cap and barrel and two individual ink cartridges: red and blue. The pen set includes 24 refill cartridges, 12 assorted, and 12 black.
You can achieve the stunning graded effect by having two distinct colors of ink flow from the same pen.
You can create stunning calligraphy using colorful inks that you can blend. This allows you to create an authentic, one-of-a-kind graded look when blended with different Parallel pen ink hues.
What We Like
- The art of calligraphy can benefit tremendously from this pen. The ink runs smoothly, and the comfort level is through the roof.
- The pen has a silky finish.
- The ink is quite pliable and does not experience any bleed-through at all.
- The refills are pretty exciting and unique.
- This Parallel pen performs exceptionally well.
What We Don’t Like
- The pen produces letters that are incredibly lovely and sharp, but the ink almost instantly ruins the effect by obscuring the characters.
- On certain pieces of paper, the pen either did not deposit ink uniformly, stained the paper with ink, or pierced into the page.
Using these pens is almost like starting over with learning how to write. It requires a significant amount of practice.
4. PILOT Enso Parallel Pen Kit with 6 Pack Black Ink Refills, 4 Nib Sizes (1.5mm, 2.4mm, 3.8mm, 6.0mm) (FP3-001-KTAZ)
The innovative nib design created by Pilot consists of two parallel plates, which enables the user to write in a monoline style when using the narrow edge of the nib and in a calligraphic style when using the broad edge of the nib.
This package provides you with everything you need to craft unique hand lettering and calligraphy works. The package includes four pens, an assortment of 18 refill cartridges, a pipette, the nib cleaner, and an instruction manual.
If you are a fan of Enso’s creative tools, you should check out Pilot’s extensive collection of calligraphy and handwriting pens, fountain pens, watercolor brush markers, gel pastels, and more.
The incredibly easy writing Parallel pens are a great innovation in creating calligraphy pens. This one-of-a-kind calligraphy fountain pen offers a stunning array of creative expression opportunities. The accompanying instruction book will show you how to make the most of those opportunities. You can also create letters with a color-blended appearance by contacting the ink between one pen and another filled with a different color.
The structure of the pen is straightforward, consisting of a body that is provided with a sharp point. The only metal component is the nib. The remaining features are plastic. Because the feed and nib are contained within a see-through grip, you can monitor the level of ink remaining in the cartridge. Most likely, the low price of the pen is due to the use of a material that appears to be of low quality.
The materials with the pen are organized adequately inside the box it arrives in. The package contains the pen, the cap, an ink convertor, dual disposable ink cartridges in black and red, and a piece of fine plastic for wiping the nib. In addition, there is a brief instruction booklet on how to write in calligraphy and a little instruction handbook on how to operate the pen.
What We Like
- Although they are only stub nibs, they have a smooth texture. They are comfortable because their form allows them to retain the barrel in the ideal position.
- They are not heavy at all.
- They are not pricey, but the nib is of exceptionally high quality and may be used with a variety of Pilot fountain pens.
- The ink refills come in various colors. The blue and pink ones are eye-catching, and the actual color is highly saturated.
What We Don’t Like
- The ink may not come out unless you shake the cartridge or press the pen.
- The little pamphlet is not very educational about calligraphy methods because it’s so simple.
Are Pilot Parallel pens and their inks watertight?
Pilot pen ink is not water resistant. If you write too quickly, particularly with bigger nibs, the ink may not flow through the nib fast enough, and you will get dry lines.
What exactly does “non-carbon ink” mean?
Because they have excellent ink permeability and good fluidity, inks that do not include carbon will not cause clogging. This is ideal for use with fountain pens, scrapbooks, dip pens, notebooks, drawing, sketching, and a wide variety of other creative endeavors. The texture is delicate, so it won’t clog the pen.
Is the black ink for the Pilot pen wet ink?
Pilot Black is a traditional shade of black that is produced in Japan. It has minimal shading and a modest level of shine. The discharge is only slightly wet. It dries in twenty seconds when used with a medium tip and creates a flow that is just a little bit moist.
Is it possible to use the Pilot Parallel pen as a dip pen?
The Pilot Parallel is a fountain pen, which is undoubtedly one of its most appealing features. After you have loaded it with ink, you are ready to use it.
Pilot Parallel pens are perfect for hand lettering and calligraphy. Using these pens will add excitement to your bullet journaling, diary writing, and to-do lists.
We hope this article has helped you pick the best Pilot Parallel pens for you.